Friday, January 28, 2011

I just can't accept simple

In a recent conversation, it came up that most of us spend a crazy amount of time focused on things that aren't really that important. This probably applies to most things in our life, but it seems most suited to the way we approach our faith (or lack thereof).

And for those of us that claim to follow Christ...it's not that complicated!

It seems like the things we argue about most are those things that can’t ever really be answered without our own version/interpretation of the Bible. It’s the things that are beyond us that tear us apart. Psalms 131:1 says “O Lord, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me.” And then, 133:1 says “Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!” So why do we spend so much time destroying our unity because of those things that are debatable…those things that are ‘too great and marvelous’ for us to understand for now? It’s ridiculous…and it’s just a waste of time and energy.

1 comment: