Friday, January 1, 2010

Thoughts after reading 'The Shack'

So Sara bought this book a couple weeks ago and told me I should read it. I gotta say that this was one of the most interesting novels I've read in a while. For me, this book highlighted some serious issues in my 'relationship' with God. We who claim to believe in Christ have a tendency to talk about having a "personal relationship" with Jesus...but what does that really mean? It's not like any of us have really spent a weekend with physical embodiments of God like the character did in this book. So many people today (and always) have called for shaking off our religion and moving more towards freedom...but how do we really do this? If we're truly called to just love God and live life...HOW do we love God? As for me...I definitely have trouble making God a part of every facet in my life. How do we love someone that we have our heads, but rarely our hearts, wrapped around? Either way, I'm comforted by the knowledge that God loves us and has his (our) best interests at heart...even when we let our doubts, assumptions, or even our religion lead us into confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment