Monday, January 11, 2010

I'd forget my head...best frustrating moment ever

Random...last Friday, I had an early appointment at the dentist. Didn't want to have crazy coffee breath while they were cleaning, so I held off until afterwards and picked up Starbucks on the way to work. I probably should've called Sara to see if she wanted one, but being the occasionally inconsiderate person I am, I just rolled on to work. About a half hour later, she called asking if I went to Starbucks...yeah, busted. Anyway, I decided to do the right thing and go get one for her and drop it off. So after I get back to work I'm getting out of the car...and of course I forgot my hat at home. Dad always said I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached. Anyway, I curse my way home...so frustrated with pretty much everything. I storm into the house, grab the hat, and start towards the door.

That's when Justin yells out..."I love you Daddy!" First time he ever said it...

Now...logically, I know that Justin really doesn't get the idea of love yet. I know that he probably said that because I always tell him I love him before I head out the door. But really, it doesn't matter. Hearing my kid say that is awesome, even if he doesn't really get it. Made my day.

Interesting how we never really stop to think how similar our relationships with our kids are to God's relationship with us. Do I really understand what it is to love God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? Not by a mile...but does that make my random cry of "I love you God" any less meaningful to him?

I hope it makes his day

No comments:

Post a Comment