Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Deep thoughts by Michael S. Horton

I was reading an article today that covered some pretty deep stuff...because that's how I roll sometimes.  So I'm plagiarizing a couple thoughts from Michael S. Horton because I thought they were awesome.  Here goes:


"Regardless  of compelling logic, the only test of truth is consistency with the Scripture.  We can't begin with a philosophical idea of divine sovereignty or human freedom and then cherry-pick our favorite verses."


This one is an epic smack down to the arrogance that most of us show on a regular basis...


"It's amazing - a theology that says we only know God because He has revealed and given Himself to us by grace can be turned into a self-righteous assertion of our own discovery."


Ok...that'll do for the deep thoughts...I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment